description

I travel in this world with the agape love of Christ as my guide.

Friday, June 7, 2013

It's Go Time

It's all come down to this. It's midnight, and my room is empty. It's just me and my two duffle bags, my sombrero and my Bible.

 It's late because I have the jitters about what tomorrow means. What it holds and the new adventure that it begins. The wonders of what stories the girls will have that will be in my cabin this summer, the conversations I will have with them, the people I will meet, and most of all, the ways God will graciously choose to use ME as a vessel for people to see HIM. Basically, my mind is all over the place with different thoughts and wonders of what this summer holds. I'm so excited I can hardly contain it!
My room is empty not because I am taking all my belongings to camp, but because I have packed everything up so it is ready to move right into the dorm when I get back from camp. It feels weird, but yet great simultaneously.

As I sit here in my empty room with my bags packed and heart filled with prayers that God will use me for His glory this summer, I am reminded, and oh-so-very thankful for one thing in particular: GRACE.
I can't prepare for what he has ahead. I don't know what I will need to say when, or what conversations or events will occur week to week, or day to day. I am weak, unable and lack wisdom, yet God, the God I serve, who is full of grace, has chosen me. He has a plan, and He knows I'm unable to prepare with my human strength. Which is exactly where I believe He wants me to be. It is here, if I remain  at His feet, that He can use me most.

I am reminded of 2 Corinthians chapter 12, where Paul talks about a "thorn" that was placed in him. He asks the Lord to take the thorn out; but check out the Lord's response: In verses 9-10 of this chapter it says, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness...for when I am weak, then I am strong."

Camp Team departure time has arrived. It's go time: time to go share the love of Christ. Time to go be a disciple. It's what I was made to do.

My team covets your prayers during this time as we begin our summer adventure, heading to Tanalian Bible Camp in Alaska where we will serve for the next  two weeks. To see our full summer schedule (and where I will be when if you want to send me a letter! :) click here.

Because of His agape love.

2 comments: