description

I travel in this world with the agape love of Christ as my guide.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Onward to Morrow

The omniscience of God is something camp has constantly reminded me to submit to. God works out His divine plan in ways that my human mind of desires do not always understand. My week at Camp Morrow had me apply that on a daily basis.
I went into the week with presuppositions, role playing how the week would play out as we road tripped in the van to camp. Once I got there, God showed me that my plan and His were not the same, and we'd be going with His plan and not my own.
Because of lower camper numbers than anticipated, our team ended up not counseling. Bryce, Kelsey and I were on work crew, and Ricky was in charge of games for the week. Believe it or not, work week is more tiring than counseling! Loading two trailers full of firewood, clearing out storage, and helping set up, run and tear down games can be quite the job, especially in 100+ degree weather.
"God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good." This phrase was said multiple times a day at camp, and served as a good reminder for me throughout the week. No matter what, God is good. I need to live life remembering that through every circumstance.
It was really cool to see how God used each of us throughout the week, even though we didn't serve as counselors. Camp Morrow is an incredible camp, and it was amazing to see from an "outsiders" perspective how effective the week was in the campers lives, and how much God was glorified, and the Holy Spirit was working in and through both the people, and the camp itself.
There were two camp teams from Ecola Bible School, and various staff from other places who served at Morrow this week. It was awesome to get to know them, see their servants hearts, how God was using them, and get to know them.

Some highlights from the week were:
- Learning how to slackline
- 1,200 water balloons. Yep. Enough said.
- Kevin and I speaking Spanish and Chinese for "border patrol" in Bible Smugglers game
- Stargazing instead of watching the fireworks on the 4th of July
- Learning that even in the low times of my faith, I am still supposed to abide in Christ, and it is when I remain in that place that He will lift me up and be most glorified.
- Ultimate frisbee
- Seeing the transition from day 1 to day 5 in campers minds, heart, actions and attitudes.
- Getting to observe what Godly leadership and being filled with the spirit looks like.

One confession/ regret that I have from this week: I did horrible at taking pictures. Weird, right? I don't know what my deal was! I do have a few, but I did not document the week near enough. I will not let it happen again this summer, I am determined. :)

My team is thankful for a good night's rest before arriving at Dune's Bible Camp in Ocean Park, Washington. Campers arrive tomorrow, and we will begin a full week of counseling. We are excited for the upcoming week, and ready to counsel again! Several Corban students and employees will be working at camp this week: Jared Hernandez, Heidi Stowman, Kara Maron, Katharine Hormann, Brian and Sandy Elliott. We are excited to have some familiar faces as we serve together this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment